Services for Sellers
After we have entered into an agreement with the owner to sell the company, we will proceed to carry out the following steps:
Evaluation - We analyze all expenses of the business in detail to assure that any salaries and personal fringe benefits the owners take that are above normal market rates are added back into stated profits.
This assures that the asking price accurately reflects the true profitability of the business. We are usually able to sell the business at or near the asking price we and the owner have agreed upon.
Presentation Document - Working with information provided by the seller and other general industry sources, we prepare a presentation document that:
- Fully describes the business;
- Highlights the main selling points for prospective buyers; and
- Is only made available to qualified, interested buyers who have signed a Confidentiality Agreement.
Marketing the Business - We then communicate this acquisition opportunity, without revealing the name of the company, through various proven channels to reach a wide range of prospective buyers.
Pre-qualifying Buyers - When a buyer prospect indicates initial interest, we qualify them as to financial capability and likely ability to maintain and grow the business, and only then provide them with the details of the business.
Follow-Up with Interested Buyers - We facilitate the buyer's review of the business, providing additional information as requested, and arranging visits to the business and meetings with the owner as appropriate.
Purchase Offers - We elicit formal offers from buyers who are ready to move forward, and provide advice to the seller in these negotiations.
Getting to the Closing Table - To better assure that a transaction will close, we often:
- Assist buyers to secure financing;
- Assist buyers to obtain lease assignments or new leases;
- Assist sellers to have all necessary documents and information available for the buyer's due diligence and to fulfill all closing conditions and requirements; and
- Work with buyer's and seller's attorneys to streamline the process of reaching agreement on all closing documents.
Throughout the engagement, we provide weekly reports to our seller clients, detailing who the active buyer prospects are and where everything stands with each prospect.